- Students: 25
- Duration: 35 hours
Initial training for cargo operations on gas tankers
Commanders and crew members who are to work on gas tankers must have appropriate initial training. This should ensure that they perform their duties in the use of cargo equipment and cargo operations.
The purpose of the initial training course is to make it possible for the team and rank-and-file to perform their duties related to cargo and cargo equipment on gas tankers.
The basic training for Liquified Gas Tanker Cargo Operations is to achieve the minimum level of competence required to perform duties related to the handling of cargo and the use of cargo equipment on gas tankers.
The content of the course includes practical and theoretical components.
Listeners need to know:
- Ship rules, instructions to ensure safety on board the tanker-gas tanker during the stay in ports, when sailing;
- The rules governing the transport of LPG;
- Rules for transporting goods, complying with safety measures;
- Features of the design of tankers-gas tankers;
- features of transported goods, which can be dangerous in contact with the skin, respiratory and digestive organs;
- methods and methods to prevent pollution of the sea, the environment;
- Procedures for preventing accidents, procedures for providing first aid to victims of accidents and injuries;
- What restrictions apply in connection with cooking, smoking;
- How to prevent a fire, explosion;
- probable fires, firefighting methods;
- how to act in case of an explosion, fire, emergency, how to use stationary and portable fire-fighting equipment, protective clothing and equipment.
The practical skills of the listener should be sufficient to:
- promote safe cargo operations on gas tankers;
- prevent the occurrence of dangers when they are
- Occupational health, safety measures;
- Use during the work of protective equipment, devices that monitor the state of the atmosphere in office, cargo premises;
- Not to be contaminated by the spill of chemicals and oil;
- to act competently in the event of an accident, a dangerous situation, a fire, which includes the use of means to evacuate people;
- use the means of communication with the coastal services
Requirements for listeners:
- be at least 18 years old;
- meet health requirements for job performance.