- Students: 8
- Duration: 7 hours
Crowd Management Training
Captains and crew members, responsible for boarding/disembarking passengers, loading/securing/unloading cargo, safety compliance must have the skills to perform their duties when there is an unorganized mass of people on board.
Purpose of the course is to provide knowledge and assistance in mastering the practical skills, which are necessary for:
the captain of the ship, persons of the command and ordinary sailing personnel, everyone who, according to the ship’s schedule, will provide assistance to passengers in case of alarm – to manage unorganized groups of people;
Personnel directly involved in serving passengers indoors – to maintain safety.
Course Objectives of Crowd Management Training consist in the achievement of the standard of professional competence by the students, which provides for the need to know:
- methods to prevent unauthorized entry into the ship, carrying passengers, third parties, unacceptable cargo;
- means of ensuring the safety of the ship;
- emergency plans;
- how to maintain self-control despite the difficult environment;
- how to keep in touch with passengers during an accident;
- how to show passengers the rules for using individual and collective life-saving appliances;
- how to provide assistance to passengers sent to the place of assembly and placed in life-saving appliances.
Course content includes theoretical and practical components.
Listeners are supposed to know:
- arrangement of the ship, placement of premises;
- safety rules, contingency plans and emergency procedures;
- emergency exits;
- restrictions related to the use of elevators.
They must be able to:
- use available resources, clearly understanding operational restrictions, to ensure the safety of human life, ship and cargo;
- properly operate the ship’s equipment, carry out the maintenance and repair.
As for the personnel directly carrying out passenger services, they must be able to:
- show how to use individual life-saving appliances;
- ensure the evacuation of passengers so that they are timely notified, suitably dressed, ready to use lifejackets.
Requirements for listeners – to be:
- professional sailors over the age of 18
- admitted to the performance of official duties due to the state of health.